, ,

Midweek Media-Keep using up that paper!

Hello crafty people! Today, I wanted to share two cards that I made in my continued quest to use some of my hoarded paper. I have been moving my craft room and am realizing just how much paper I have!

These two cards used a few pieces of scrap paper in my stash. I was able to use a a green dotted matte panel (left card), a purple and white matte panel (right card), and a blue patterned paper (for the two flowers). As a bonus, I was able to take two old book pages and use them to make gel prints!


To make both of these cards, I first created the gel prints. I added some acrylic paint to my gel plate and mixed the colors with my brayer. I then gently pressed some old book pages onto the paint and created the two backgrounds. On the first card (the blue and purple background on the right side), I used a piece of bubble wrap as a stamp and stamped some of the same light blue acrylic ink onto the panel.

Card #1

After the gel print had dried, I die cut it with a stitched rectangular die. I then stamped a large floral stamp onto the panel with black pigment ink and heat embossed with a holographic embossing powder. Next, I stamped the flower petal part of the same stamp onto some blue patterned paper with the same black pigment ink and embossing powder. This flower was then painted with some blue ink mixed with a sparkly spray to help mute the blue pattern. I then fussy cut the flower. Some scraps of cardstock were glued behind the fussy cut flower before gluing the whole thing onto the panel.

A piece of purple and white patterned paper in my stash was die cut with a slightly larger plain rectangular die cut to create a matte later for the panel, and the two panels were glued together. Gold and purple sequins that I unearthed during the craft room remodeling were glued onto the panel as well as a sentiment sticker in my stash.

The whole thing was glued onto a white A2-sized cardbase.

Card #2

I decided to make this second background a little more elaborate by adding additional details to the background panel. Again, I rediscovered a stamp set in my stash that I hadn’t played with in a while with some abstract/texture-y type of images including the cluster of ovals and circular squiggly line drawing. I stamped the oval cluster multiple times. While doing this, sometimes I held the clear stamp in my hands (rather than using a stamp positioner or acrylic block) so I could add only part of the image. The oval clusters were also stamped with more of the same black pigment ink and heat embossed with the same holographic embossing powder that I used for the first card. I also stamped the circular squiggly line drawing a few times, this time with a clear embossing ink and then using the same holographic powder. After stamping and heat embossing the same floral image as I did with the first card a little off-center this time, I colored in some areas in the ovals with a green marker. The panel was then die cut with the same stitched rectangle die as the first card and then ink blended with more black ink around the edges.

The flower was stamped a second time for this card using the same blue patterned paper, but this time was colored in with a dark blue water-reactive marker and then watercolored with water mixed with more of the same color blue marker. The flower was fussy cut and scrap cardstock was glued behind it for dimension. Then the flower was glued down onto the panel.

I die cut a piece of dark green and white dotted paper with the same slightly larger die cut to create a matte layer. The two panels were glued together. I then added a sentiment sticker in my stash, and glued some clear gems in my stash to the panel. The whole thing was then glued onto a top folding A2-sized white card base. While gluing, I smudged the white base, so went in with some metallic watercolor splatters to cover it up.